Pro Clima SOLITEX exterior membranes are leading the way to higher performance and better energy efficiency in North American construction. SOLITEX products offer unmatched waterproofing, airtightness and outward drying potential for all types of projects. Their exceptional strength and durability make them suitable not only as housewraps or weather resistant barriers (WRBs) – but also as “sarking” membranes for vapor open roof assemblies.
We now stock 5 different SOLITEX products in our US and Canadian warehouses, with several available in both standard and double-wide sizes. There’s a lot to know about each of these membranes, so we’ve put together this resource library to put all the important information right at your fingertips – for newcomers and experienced builders alike.
SOLITEX MENTO 1000 and MENTO PLUS are our most popular exterior membranes – offering the best combination of vapor open performance and affordability for most projects. They are widely used on walls and roofs, with or without sheathing, and with most types of exterior cladding. MENTO 1000 is used for most applications, but MENTO PLUS is substituted when the membrane is also called upon to support dense pack insulation, without exterior sheathing.
The following two links will help you understand how the MENTO system functions:
Additional SOLITEX products
Note: These products are not reinforced for support of dense pack insulation and need to be used typically over sheathing or open studs with batt insulation.
- SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO – for open joint rainscreens
- SOLITEX FRONTA HUMIDA – for reservoir claddings
- SOLITEX UM – with added 3-D mesh for integrated venting
- SOLITEX MENTO 1000 / FRONTA QUATTRO / FRONTA HUMIDA – fastened over sheathing or studs with batt insulation (no unsupported dense pack)
- SOLITEX MENTO PLUS – fastened over studs (no sheathing) supporting dense pack insulation.
SOLITEX – Related blog posts
- Sealing screws, nails under battens – TESCON NAIDECK to the rescue (SOLITEX MENTO PLUS)
- Can’t vent at valleys and dormers? Use a smart vapor retarder (not foam)
- Blow-in-Fiberglass Between Airtight Pro Clima Membranes is High Performance Insulation
- Question of the Week – July 17, 2015 (Benefits of SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO)
Project Spotlights featuring SOLITEX membranes
- Marlboro, VT: High Performance House with Vapor-Open Walls and Roof (SOLITEX MENTO 1000)
- 475 On-Site: Vapor-Open Straw Bale with Vermont Natural Homes (SOLITEX MENTO PLUS + MENTO 1000) (video included)
- BLDGTYP WI Project: Exterior WRB/airseal and rainscreen details (SOLITEX MENTO PLUS)
- 475 On-Site: Habitat for Humanity, Washington DC (SOLITEX MENTO PLUS)
- 475 On-Site: Bleu Nest in Ramsey, NJ (SOLITEX MENTO PLUS)
- 475 Video: Sauna uses SOLITEX Fronta Quattro and DA
- Project Spotlight: Lincoln, VT shows off SOLITEX UM