SOLITEX MENTO Plus has been tested for compliance with CAN/CGBS 51.32-M “Sheathing, Membrane, Breather Type/ Membrane de revêtement perméable à la vapeur d’eau” as described in the National Building Code of Canada 2010 per section “9.27.3 Second Plane of Protection” for protection of sheathing beneath vented cladding and “18.104.22.168 Roofing materials” as a roofing underlayment.
To show compliance to this standard, the following requirements were confirmed by certified Lab tests:
- Sheet width – 1505mm – ±6
- Pliability at 10C, MD – no cracks
- Dry tensile strength – 8.1N/mm in MD (required ≥ 3.5)
- Water vapour permeance, ASTM A – 508 ng/Pa*sec*m2 (new) (required ≤170 to 1400)
- Water vapour permeance, ASTM A – 538 ng/Pa*sec*m2 (aged per CAN/CGBS 51.33-M89, required ≤2900)
This means that SOLITEX MENTO Plus, with it’s high level of airtightness is compliant with NBC-2010 and can be used for construction of sheating membranes, WRB or roofunderlayments in consturction projects throughout Canada. If you’re interested in SOLITEX MENTO Plusfor for new construction or renovation projects and want to know more, read about it in our post the ProClima SOLITEX MENTO difference