Lightway is the ideal product to bring daylight into attics, hallways and closets that are located below roofs in Passive Houses. Made with CO2 blown XPS (low Global warming potential).
Combining this integrated, fully over-insulated double pane glass Blue Performance insulation break with the Lightway pitched roof or flatroof series (purchased separately) eliminates the performance issues associated with conventional Solar Tubes – thermal bridges, heat loss, condensation, and air tightness – and creates the ideal product for bringing daylight into Passive Houses and high performance buildings.
Technical data with BP unit installed:
• U-value=0.105 BTU/sf*F – 0.6 W/(m2.K) – value of the whole system
• Insulation glass: double layer glass 4-16-4 (Argon filled)
• Thermal insulation: Polystyrene XPS
• Thickness of thermal insulation: 4.7” (120 mm)
• Blue Performance insulated unit 13-3/4″x18-1/2″ – 4.75″ thick
• Connector pieces to fit to LW 300 diffuser and pipe
• Pipe extends 2-13/16″ above and below insulation for easy installation