WELCOME TO THE NEW 475
WEEKDAYS 9AM-6PM EST CALL 800-995-6329
Building Community, In The News, Materials & Assemblies, Project Spotlights, Thinking Globally, User Guides & Best Practices

Foam Board Fire in New York City

January 13, 2017

On December 14th a NYU Langone Medical Center roof caught fire.  As reported on dnainfo by Ben Fractenberg and Aidan Gardiner:

Workers were cutting metal when a spark flew onto a roofing insulation material called “rigid board” and caught fire on the seventh floor of 560 First Ave. near East 30th Street, a vacant property that’s currently under construction, about 12:13 p.m., FDNY officials said.

foam-fire-board

 

Watch the video – that’s foam burning:

foam-fire-eyewitness-news

Foam is an unacceptable fire hazard.  We have better choices.  For foam, our motto is Less is Best.  Make Better Choices: Toward A Less Toxic World.

, ,

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail to someone
No comments yet.

Leave a Reply