WEBINAR: Toward Safe and Natural High Performance Building Enclosures
Register below to join us on April 18 @ 10am PST / 1pm EST
There is a growing demand for building materials that meet low-energy goals while maintaining the health, safety, and wellness of building occupants for the life the building. Many products going into high performance and Passive House buildings today are falling short: particularly spray foam. Foam has come to dominate high performance building by claiming a high insulating value, air tightness, and vapor control all in one product. When practitioners are seeking more environmentally friendly alternatives, they are often left scratching their heads about the options, the details, and the possible results.
This presentation will cover the basic building science of high performance enclosures. A wide range of material options such as wood fiberboard, sheathings, membranes, mineral wool, straw bale, cellulose and other insulations will be considered. Airtightness goals will be analyzed, looking at ground, wall, and roof conditions as well as the design, construction, and testing of the assemblies.
The presentation will demonstrate that one can achieve higher performance, greater sustainability, resilience, and building health without foam. We also show how to do it with practical examples, details, and assemblies that make sense.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Participants will become familiar with the broad code and policy issues that can support progress toward net zero buildings.
- Participants will be able to outline options for making building enclosures of more natural materials.
- Participants will be able to describe common challenges regarding material
selection and assembly.
- Participants will be able to formulate a variety of more safe and natural high-performance strategies that are appropriate to the Pacific Northwest context.
Who Should Attend:
- Facade/Enclosure Consultants
- Building Science Consultants
- Air sealing contractors
- Insulation contractors
Register below by adding one ticket to your cart. Checkout will be free. One ticket per attendee. A link to the webinar will be sent to the email address provided at the checkout on the morning of April 18th.
- This event has passed.