Webinar: High Performance Roof Daylighting
Register below to join us on September 15th @ 2pm Eastern Standard Time
Roof daylighting elements and architectural roof glass are striking and desirable building features that historically come at a high cost – leaks, energy loss, thermal discomfort, and condensation issues. Next generation roof glazing is addressing these issues and developing roof glass elements designed to be thermal-bridge-free, and suitable for high performance and Passive House envelope needs. Fenestration of all kinds requires special attention, but failures in roof glazing can unravel the thoughtful planning put into the rest of the building. Potential for thermal bridging, overheating, cold air convective currents and air or water leaks can dampen or destroy the gains of free daylight and visual comfort.
In this presentation we cover design considerations for roof daylighting of all types and sizes – commercial or residential, flat or pitched roof, light tube or wall-to-wall roof glass. Proper integration and design decisions result in roof daylighting that addresses energy, light, health, ventilation, comfort, and overall wellness of both occupants and the longevity of the building envelope.
Learning objectives: Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Describe common problems with roof daylighting elements, from design to installation.
- Describe attributes necessary for roof daylighting in high performance enclosures.
- Describe the methods for analyzing daylighting elements for thermal performance, and energy balance.
- List key design considerations of roof daylighting elements in regard to health impacts (air, light, and condensation risk).
Who Should Attend:
- Structural Engineers
- Building Science Consultants
Register below by adding one ticket to your cart. Checkout will be free. One ticket per attendee. A link to the webinar will be sent to the email address provided at the checkout on the morning of September 15th.
- This event has passed.